Hi again to everyone!
I apologize for my silence over the last few weeks. I have been out of town and away from my computer and thus unable to make any posts. However, I am now back in town and ready to resume my posts. This week we explore a little bit of London, England found in the middle of Ann Arbor and on the campus of the University of Michigan. This little piece of England that I am referring to is known as the Law Quad at UofM. The Law Quad was built in the English Gothic style and in my opinion resembles the Tower of London. The Law Quad is composed of four different buildings built between 1924 and 1933. In the center of these four buildings is a beautiful courtyard where students can often be found studying or playing a game a frisbee, as was occurring when I strolled through with my friend. The Law Quad is also very well known for its law library which is a popular spot to study because it is very beautiful but also is one of the few libraries on campus that is very quiet. As you can see in the center picture it appears that someone has stayed up late to get in a little bit of extra studying (it reminds me of Hogwarts, where Harry might be getting in a little bit of extra practice on his spells). Having grown up in Ann Arbor I had walked and driven by the Law Quad many times but never really ventured inside. It is an amazing building and I highly suggest that the next time you are in town you take a stroll through it and admire its beauty. Have a great week, everyone.
See you in the Law Quad and don't forget your books to study!
No comments:
Post a Comment