Hello Again!
Well, everyone in Ann Arbor woke up to a rather unexpected surprise on Monday morning... snow. Now, this was not the first snow of the year. Instead, it was the first snow that actually stuck to the ground and was still there when we woke up. The first thing I think of when I see snow? Christmas!!! Now, I know that it is still a bit early to start getting ready for Christmas (we just put away the Halloween decorations... and some pumpkins still got caught in the snow!) but this has not kept me from digging out my many Christmas cds and getting in the spirit (though many of my friends inform me that this is not really allowed until after Thanksgiving.. oh well!!). While our first snow did disappear within the day, it was kind enough to put in another appearance for us this weekend during the last home UofM football game (meaning that it took place in Ann Arbor) and again on Sunday morning. I can't wait until we actually get enough snow to get out the sleds and skis for winter. It is a good thing that I live in Michigan where we have snow approximately half of the year, and our state is called "The Winter Water Wonderland," because it means that I can indulge in all my favorite winter sports, including sledding, snowball fights, downhill skiing, making snow angels, and the occasional venture out onto the ice. While the arrival of the snow means that it is time to find the winter coats, scarves, hats, mittens and boots, it also means that Christmas, hot chocolate and skiing are right around the corner!
Have a great week, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment